Our culture and values
One of the first things that people notice when they visit the Taggart & Partners boardroom, aside from the sports memorabilia, is the prominence given to displaying our culture and values. Our team live and breathe it:
- We work in a positive environment, full of excellent people, who are focussed on solutions at all times.
- Personal responsibility and integrity exist at all times, at all levels.
- Personal accountability is core to our beliefs - doing what we say we will do.
- While we respect the individual, the team is more important than any single person.
- Everyone adds value to the company, and contributes to its performance.
- Everyone knows their role, and respects the roles of others.
- Everyone chooses to be here, there is no victim mentality
- The work environment is relaxed, healthy, comfortable and creative, but professional and appropriately urgent at the same time. It is a fun environment that elicits creativity and supports camaraderie.
- We finish what we begin. We finish it well beyond our expectations. We always do a little more than we think we are able to do.
- We do not operate as a consensus company to move the company forward. We operate on a functional model based on the vision of leadership.
- We speak very politely using a person's name – and we say 'please', 'thank you', 'it'll be my pleasure' and 'certainly' as a minimum.
- If we speak about a person who is not present, we speak as if they are listening to your conversation.
- If we have a problem with someone, we talk about the problem only with them in private.
- If something goes wrong we first blame a system not a person.
- To be part of our team you MUST live our values and follow our client & culture performance standards to the letter. Team members are empowered to correct any other team member who is not living and adhering to them.